Dental implants are the best option for tooth replacement in dentistry. An implant is the next best thing to a healthy, natural tooth. A dental implant replaces a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth. Other options can lead to bone deterioration and may interfere with eating, smiling, speaking and other activities of everyday life.
Dental Implant Process:
- The implant is placed in the bone.
- It must be allowed 3-6 months to heal, during this time the jawbone will form around the implant.
- After the implant has healed we place the abutment on the implant. The abutment serves as the base for your new tooth.
- We then take an impression of the abutment which is used to create your permanent crown.
- We check the fit and bite of the crown.
- We place the crown for your dental implant!
Set up a consultation with one of our doctors today to see if a dental implant will work for you!