For professional teeth cleaning call for an appointment with the Nampa Dental Health Center. Our dedicated dental hygienists will clean your teeth at an affordable price. We can remove the plaque that builds up on your teeth with a routine cleaning to prevent serious future dental problems.
Professional teeth cleanings are a preventative measure, which should be done twice a year. There are several reasons why these professional teeth cleanings should be done:
- To Prevent Loss Of Teeth
- To Prevent Gum Disease
- To Detect Oral Cancer
- To Maintain Good Physical Health
- To Have Whiter Teeth
- To Eliminate Bad Breath
Dental Hygiene / Periodontal Health
While at our office, we ensure you receive the highest level of service and our dental work is of the highest quality. To maintain great oral health, this level of quality needs to extend into your personal oral hygiene routine.
- We can help you establish a dental hygiene routine that will keep your teeth healthy and white.
- If you have any questions about your current hygiene plan please ask us.
- We can provide periodontal cleanings and treatment to increase the health of your gums.
- Please let us know if you have any questions about home care.
Oral cancer screenings
Oral cancer screenings are a very important part of the dental visit for the patient. With the advances in modern technology, we are now able to pinpoint the start of a potential problem much earlier in its evolution. The ability to do so is extremely important in treating any issues, prior to them becoming an irreversible problem.
- Every five years we take an x-ray of your entire mouth. This allows us to see the roots of your teeth, your jawbone and sinuses so we can look for anything out of the ordinary.
- During routine cleanings our hygienists also checks your mouth for any unusual sores, spots or growths.
Scaling and Root Planing
When you are diagnosed with periodontal (gum) disease it involves a special cleaning called scaling and root planing.
This removes plaque and tartar that have built up on the tooth and root surfaces. This will allow the gum tissue to heal and gum pockets to shrink. This will help to prevent bone loss over time and keep not only your teeth and bone healthy but your gums as well.
There are three different kinds of preventive x-rays that we take. Radiation exposure in dental x-rays is very minimal, but we always use a vest to protect you from the exposure.
Bitewings are taken once a year. These help us to look for decay in between the teeth.
A Panoramic is taken once every 5 years (unless otherwise necessary) and is a picture of your entire mouth. Teeth, roots, jawbones are all captured in this x-ray. It is used to check for any of the following:
- Abscessed teeth
- Signs of oral cancer
- Wisdom teeth are coming in
A PA is one single picture of a specific area, 1-3 teeth. It is usually taken when you feel there is a problem with a tooth. With this we can see the entire tooth and it is easier to create a correct diagnosis.