A root canal is done when the nerve in a tooth becomes infected. When this happens eventually the tooth will die making it necessary to remove the nerve before further damage is done.
- First Visit:
- We will remove the infected nerve and clean the canal.
- After the infection has been removed, the canals of the root are filled with a sealant to protect the tooth from further infection.
- After a root canal we fill the hole that was created in the top of the tooth with a temporary filling.
- Depending on the extensiveness of the root canal a filling may be okay to preserve the tooth.
- Although sometimes a crown will be recommended to provide the tooth with needed support and improve the appearance of the tooth.
Taking x-rays regularly can help catch decay and infection before a root canal is necessary.
If you are experiencing pain consult with us today! Contact us now at 208-467-9271.